CleanTech IBTECAR is an online community and market place for Do-It-Yourself (DIY), Open Source Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency solutions. It started as a project funded by the EU Program, Support to Research, Technological Development and Innovation in Jordan (SRTD – II).
As part of IBTECAR’s vision to help innovation in the Arab Region through collaboration, CleanTech.IBTECAR has selected the DIY approach to promote the culture of collaboration and provide simple renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions based on direct needs of households and small offices.
Do it yourself (DIY), is the method of building, modifying, or repairing something without the aid of experts or professionals.
From this vision, CleanTech.IBTECAR aims to:
- Increase the utilization of RE & EE solutions in small offices and households
- Provide a platform where innovators can share their technologies and solutions and offer further services to potential customers.
- Increase the knowledge and awareness of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency solutions through sharing DIY tutorials and open source solutions.
With the solutions provided by the innovators, we are targeting:
- Small businesses and entrepreneurs
- University students, researchers & inventors
- Refugees supporting NGOs